QUOTE QUOTE

Social media; an art form

 

Social Media is a battle field of sorts, it is laden with material, some useful, some not so much. But Social Media is constantly growing and evolving into a very real presence. Social Media will take your business to the next level, and if you didn’t already know this, well now you do. Having a strong social media presence is vital and incredibly important in success for your company. But we can’t just go about writing whatever we want and sharing unrepeatable content. There is an art to social media, like any skill, we must learn to craft it and perfect it. Working in social media is interesting, exciting and it fluctuates from day to day. Each day is different and each day I have the opportunity to learn something new. I now have to opportunity to share and teach others what I have learned. So without further ado, here are the top six tips of the art of social media.

  1. Optimize your profile(s)

Make sure that your profiles are up to date and contain the correct information. This is also a great opportunity to write a fascinating and explanatory bio using keywords that connects to your area of expertise. Use an exciting profile picture and cover photo that showcases your character, also make sure that it is the right size for the social media outlet you are using it on. Here is a great resource to make sure that all of your photos are the correct size.

  1. Be consistent

I don’t think that I could say this one enough, being consistent is imperative. You want your audience to be able to find you and having cohesive profiles will eliminate any question in your customers mind. So this means, use the same picture, biography and username (if you can help it) so people can find you.

  1. Content is King

Create amazing content. That’s it. And it’s harder then it seems. But if you take your time and do your research creating sharable content shouldn’t be that hard. Having good content will remind your followers why they started following you in the first place.

  1. Shine bright like a diamond

Rihanna said it best, let your personality shine through, and this means don’t be one dimensional. People will get bored if you’re constantly sharing business content, so sprinkle in some interesting topics. I like to keep it 70%- 30%, meaning 70% of the content that is generated is business based, while the other 30% of content is based from trending topics, to personal interest. But this could fluctuate from business to business, so do what works for you and your company, and if that means a 50%-50% split then so be it. You will start to recognize what works and doesn’t work for you.

  1. Positivity, sprinkle that stuff on everything

Everyone loves and benefits from positivity. So populate your social media with positivity. Motivate and inspire your audience. Millions of people are on social media daily, so there is always someone watching. Save the drama and keep it constructive.

  1. Respond

If your audience is asking questions, answer them. If your audience is commenting, acknowledge them. This will go far in your rapport with your current customers and future ones as well. Be helpful through your social media. Your audience will remember this, they will remember how you made them feel. Never underestimate the power of one disgruntled customer. Keep them happy, you will be glad you did.

 

These tips are the foundation of good social media, but like I said before it is always changing and growing. So these tips will change and grow with it.  Like anything that involves a computer, it will be different from one person to the next. But my advice to you is; keep learning and keep working on your craft. Like any good artist, talent takes work and practice. Don’t get discouraged, keep at it, sharpen the pencil, dip the brush and go back at that blank canvas. Create your very own masterpiece. And if you should need or want more information on the art of social media then I would advise you to read this incredible book of the same name. Let it be your guide and let it help you to create a social media presence that will have longevity.

From the blog

64x64
Trust Issues

Trust; it’s hard to cultivate and hard to come by. But if you can create trust between your audien

Read more
64x64
Fan Love

  A major key for success as DJ Khaled would say, and he’s right. Having fans that love yo

Read more